18.2.12

My blog vs. Twitter, Facebook, Yelp & Pinterest

There's a war going on. A social media war... and the fight is against my blog.

You may have noticed that my blog posts aren't as frequent as they used to be. Yet I don't spend less time online... So what do I do instead?

I share my random, short thoughts on business and everyday life... on Twitter

I share pictures and updates with my friends and family... on Facebook

I review restaurants, bars and cultural outings... on Yelp

I share pictures of things I like... on Pinterest


And I realized that often my blogposts are a combination of exactly those things: describing the restaurants I'd been to, sharing pictures, thoughts... whereas now most of those things perfectly sit within their own social media bucket.

So is the war over? Not yet. There is one thing that none of the social media networks cater for yet and it's random thoughts like this post. Longer than 140 characters, a white piece of paper where you can just write whatever you want. That's what my blog will be and stay for.

But in the meantime; don't hesitate to check me out on:
Twitter: @louisedejager
Yelp + Pinterest: Louise Dejager

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

en dan hebben we het nog niet gehad over skype en het goede oude face to face gesprek!!in levende lijve

Wardito